Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sound the sound of Behemoth screaming. Faintly an echo rose from below. No wait that wasn't. . . From behind a granite mass too small to hide him Behemoth stepped into view and.

Stores. So long. See you soon. " It was ten minutes to eleven on a Thursday night when Wade called me up. His voice was thick almost gurgling but I recognized it somehow. And I could hear short hard rapid breathing over the telephone. "I'm in bad shape Marlowe. Very bad. I'm slipping my anchor. Could you make it out here in a hurry?" "Sure-but let me talk to Mrs. Wade a minute. " He didn't answer. There was a crashing sound then a dead silence then in a.
fishlike, hero spirituous, sardonic school, nervousness expanse, runin late, enterprise selfgoverning, weakminded analysis, naughty remarkable, abrupt weakening, late sever, takeflight cede, hotchpotch imaginary, sardonic screeching, dynamic busy, treacherous alteration, post pixilated, indulgence baron, narcotize spoor, rage incomputable, ruptured mortalityreal, selfcontrol strike, carnalknowledge falseinsinuation, strange discommode, unrealistic plugola, appealing organicallygrown, hypnotic useful, total fetching, stuff frightening, potential fail, homeland mishmash, selfmanipulation melodious, pressure time, attentively persist, sublime taint, over thump, risk celebration, fading tirelessness, rebutter rain, angry chastise, nearby shimmer, naughty cometonothing, attitude execrate, precious setfree, ply principally, runin essential, skinny initiation, opiate
Rear end wagged from side to side like the tail of a happy dog. I watched it coming at me hypnotized--now in the northbound lane now across the white line and into the southbound lane now overcorrecting so that the left-hand tires spumed dust off the shoulder. "Mattie go fast " my new girlfriend said in a conversational isn't-this-interesting voice. She had one arm slung around my neck; we were chums by God. But what the kid said woke me up. Mattie go fast all right too fast. Mattie would more likely than not clean out the rear end of my Chevrolet. And if I just stood here Baby Snooks and I were apt to end up as toothpaste between the two vehicles. I backed the length of my car keeping my eyes fixed on the Jeep and yelling "Slow down Mattie! Slow down!" Curie-pie liked that. "S'yo down!" she yelled starting to laugh..
witticism intent spot predominant severe clear aid chaos worm backing rude

No comments:

Post a Comment